£40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8957
2 months ago
FMCG Food Manufacturer
North West, Manchester, Greater Manchester,
A vacancy has arisen for a Process Development Engineer to work within the Engineering team for a food manufacaturer. The successful applicant will take ownership of the process equipment and develop these processes to ensure the efficiency of equipment is maximised through continuous improvement and the completion of preventative tasks to deliver site optimum performance.
Scope and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintaining detailed PPM system with the Engineering manager.
- Liaise with NPD to support trials and new product launches, problem solving engineering issues.
- Effectively perform and coordinate electrical and mechanical maintenance of all process equipment, ensuring PPM compliance in a flexible and efficient manner.
- Working closely with the process, operations and the engineering maintenance team to deliver a quality product and all KPIs.
- To liaise with the service providers for the equipment / processes in these areas in order to maintain and develop the equipment and processes.
- Develop understanding of the various processes on site to become the onsite ‘expert’.
- Develop SOP and technical information for plant and processes.
- Technical mentoring of the shift engineering technicians.
- CI activity - develop ideas and action when agreed and pursue through to completion and measure effectiveness.
- Maintain clear communication with the engineering team so that when the position holder is absent, continuity can be maintained in these areas.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Relevant engineering skills and qualifications tpreferably BENG Chenical Engineering qualification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Process Optimisation.
- Understanding of continuous improvement within the engineering process.
- Ability to learn new technical skills with a willingness to develop their understanding of the processes on site.
- PLC experience in Siemens S7 preferred.
- Six Sigma
To apply please email your cv or contact Mike Cairns on 0151 666 8957.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.