+44 (0)151 666 8952
7 months ago
A really exciting opportunity has arisen on a major nuclear new build project and one of the largest projects currently in the UK. This is an international JV with travel to Japan, USA and Germany involved with the role, which is based from Gloucester.
Reporting into the Project Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for working with the Project Management team to ensure that all site development, construction activities and project-related activities are identified, planned, designed and delivered to budget, quality and time criteria as specified with the project requirements.
- Take accountability for delivering on relevant projects as part of the project management team on relevant development and construction management projects.
- Ensure development of specifications and requirements for work.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that works and activities are developed, designed, consented, procured and constructed to deliver the business and project requirements.
- Manage key elements of the project and work package(s) to ensure these are planned, prepared, implemented and commissioned to time, quality and budget criteria.
- Effective management of the supply chain through the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate the review of deliverables, communicate any concerns to appropriate stakeholders and manage the appropriate action plans if required.
- Liaise with other stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure that works are constructible, consentable and maintainable, meeting the project’s requirements. In addition, minimising construction and project risk within agreed project timescales.
- Responsibility for budget and the development of the overall project programme and risk registers.
- Champion Health and Safety and Environmental culture.
- Oversee the approach and strategy for the project/work package delivery.
- Optimise the use of available resources and obtain commitments to deliver assigned project(s).
- Generate and implement overall project engineering schedule development strategy.
- Ensure robust project management arrangements, including quality plans, are established and maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to process/procedure development/improvements and other organisational development activities to support building a credible organization.
- Document management and data integrity, ensuring compliance with processes and procedures.
- Hold a relevant degree in engineering, science or related area.
- Good understanding of UK H & S regulations, CDM regulations, Quality and Environmental Control, Risk and Contract management.
- Demonstrable project management competency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BEHAVIORS
The Project Engineer shall have the following:
- Experience of working within civil nuclear industry.
- Practical experience of regulatory requirements as applicable to nuclear construction.
- Highly effective stakeholder management skills with clear evidence of positively influencing decision making and business outcomes.
- Experience of construction practices within the UK industry.
- Proven track record of delivering complex construction projects, multi component and multi disciplinary, ideally in nuclear.
- Good understanding of cultural issues.
- Experience of critically reviewing and appraising documentation/specifications.
- Experience of managing significant and complex supply chains with clear evidence of influencing delivery and driving value.
- Well developed communication skills (verbal and written communication to include report writing, specification development).
- Sound judgment and decision making.
- Genuine enthusiasm and compelling motivation for this type of career, keen to take on new challenges.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organization.
- An understanding of planning and environmental issues and activities associated with large scale infrastructure development and construction.
- Working to the Company Core Values on a day to day basis.
- A positive, open and ‘can do’ attitude.
- A willingness to continuously improve performance and implement lessons learned.
- A commitment to work safely at all times.
- A keenness to work effectively with others towards common goals.
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to hold UK Security Clearance.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.