Generous Salary with Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8957
4 months ago
Competitive Salary, overtime, final salary pension, healthcare.
Leicestershire, East Midlands, Leicester
A leading foods manufacturer is currently seeking a Multi skilled Maintenance engineer (electrically biased) to join their team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with, communicate and, wherever possible, enhance the legislative and company’s hygiene, food safety, quality and health & safety requirements and standards
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner. Investigate accidents with recommendations for preventing zero reoccurrences to the area manager
- Complete internal health & safety start up check sheets prior to shift commencement
- Ensure that your area is always clean, tidy, hygienic and presentable
- Ensure all paperwork is properly completed and filed in a timely manner
- Perform daily equipment checks and complete necessary documentation
- Produce shift reports
- Monitor and act upon machine requirements including planned preventative maintenance and problem solving
- Monitor staff’s attendance and time keeping and act upon staffing requirements ensuring that these are within production demands
- Ensure staff issues regarding timekeeping & attendance is dealt with in a professional and timely manner
- Screen staff’s personal hygiene
- Motivate, coach and develop team members, define a clear and concise development programme for all staff
- Ensure team’s performance is analyzed, communicated and reviewed on a regular basis ensuring targets are set to promote development
- Ensure that staff are trained to a competent level of ability to carry out their duties correctly and safely
- Ensure Critical Control Points are adhered to at all times
- Ensure that all work colleagues are treated with dignity and respect at all times
- Cooperate with all product development activities
- Adhere to food safety requirement
You will be a Multi skilled engineer ideally with an electrical bias, used to working within a chilled manufacturing sector.
You will require good hand eye coordination with excellent manual dexterity and be capable of working on own initiative with the ability to make decisions. An effective communicator with leadership qualities.
Please feel free to email your cv or contact Mike Cairns on 0151 666 8957
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.