£18000 - £19000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8956
3 months ago
6 month FTC initially
The role of the Microbiology Technician is to carry out the routine testing across site to schedule. This includes environmental monitoring of the CME areas and water systems as well as raw material testing, and sterility testing of finished goods as part of the Sterility Assurance schedule.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include the following.
- Complete Environmental Monitoring Programme to schedule – water, viable airs & surfaces, non- viable particulates, process liquids.
- Carry out Raw Material testing within agreed timescales.
- Support to Finished Goods testing schedule – including sterility testing as required.
- Perform Non-Routine testing as required, including report preparation.
- Identification of microbial isolates.
- General laboratory duties including cleaning, media preparation & growth promotion testing.
- Neat & accurate result recording.
- Preparation of cleaning solutions/spray bottles for operations to agreed schedule.
- Calibration of laboratory equipment according to schedule.
- Comply with site Health and Safety procedures.
To be considered for this role, candidates should have a degree in Microbiology (or a related subject such as Chemistry of Biology) and be looking to begin / continue a career in Microbiology.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.