£45000 per annum, Benefits: Childcare vouchers, pension
+44 (0)151 666 8943
9 days ago
Shift Pattern/Working Hours: 4x on 4x off rotating days/nights (06:00:18:00 / 18:00:06:00)
Main Purpose of Job:
To lead and take responsibility for one of four shift operations team. To take accountability for five key metric areas for the shift: EHS, quality, service, finance (yield & labour costs) & people (engagement, training and attendance). To fundamentally and proactively deliver short and medium time frame objectives against each metric through engaging with the line/shift team
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
• To promote a strong EHS culture: lead by example
• To demonstrate an engaging but challenging leadership style
• To actively own the asset care programme for the chosen asset group
• To promote team engagement in the structured performance improvement project
• To closely work with the CI team to optimise plant/asset performance
• To create a structured communication process for the shift (shift huddles etc.)
• Timely completion of all relevant safety Near Miss reported issues.
• To activity participate in the departmental audit process : EHS,GMP.5S.
• To ensure optimal shift flexibility through appropriate operator/shift engineer training programmes (demonstrated via an appropriate training matrix)
• To ensure budgeted agency/overtime spend is delivered in line with the flexible shift
• To ensure shift surveillance is delivered including T/L
• Completion of all safety, operations, quality, process & reporting related documentation to a high standard of accuracy & legibility.
• Timely completion of all relevant Quality related or Customer complaint reported issues.
You will be an experienced manager with proven leadership skills used to working within an FMCG Manufacturing environment. Food / Drink Manufacturing / Packaging Manufacturing / Personal care manufacturing experience will be deemed advantageous. You will need to be comfortable in leading change, a team builder who inspires people to perform at their best and recognises the value in developing the people within the operations team.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.