Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Circa £37,000 excellent benefits
Nights – Monday to Friday
North West, Cheshire, Chester, Wrexham, Deeside, Ellesmere, Wirral, Runcorn
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer is currently seeking An Mechanical Biased maintenance engineer who will be responsible for maintaining the operational performance of all site machinery and plant whilst ensuring a safe working environment together with meeting business KPI’s by reducing downtime and rejects and maximising product efficiency and quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY TASKS
- Carrying out breakdown repairs as well as planned preventative maintenance to liquid process and filling equipment including;
- Upkeep and maintenance on building and services which include effluent plant, boilers, water and air chillers, air compressors.
- Working with PLC’s with general i/o fault finding and 24v sensor replacement with the support of an electrician
- General electrical wiring of 415v motors.
- Set up, fault finding and repairs to all production machinery, support services and auxiliary plant.
- Effective team work, communication and co-operation with all other internal departments.
- Maintenance of engineering workshop, equipment and services including routine housekeeping and administrative duties.
- Be actively involved with the operations team to adhere to company standards and procedures on quality, hygiene and health and safety.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
You will be an experienced maintenance engineer who holds formal engineering qualifications (NVQ, HNC, City & Guilds) or equivalent. A minimum of 5 years experience working within the manufacturing industry is deemed essential.
CV submission only.
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK – Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you dont hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.
- Ref: EPmechc
- Location: Cheshire
- Min Salary: £36000
- Max Salary: £37000
- Package: Included
- Role: Maintenance
- Profession: Engineering
- Posted: 13/02/2018
- Type: Permanent
Apply for this vacancy
To apply for this role please contact:
- James Inskip
- 0151 666 8955
Office hours: 8am to 6pm
Or complete the form below: