Scantec Personnel Ltd (“Scantec“, “we” or “us“) respects the privacy of every individual who visits our Website (as defined below) and is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data.
- how we collect and use your data;
- how we look after your personal data; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Our Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children.
Scantec Personnel Ltd, registered in England (company registration 2450519) is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing
including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our DPO using the details
set out below.
Title of DPO: Compliance Officer
Email address: DPO@scantec.co.uk
Postal address: Scantec, Spinnaker House, Morpeth Wharf, Birkenhead CH41 1LF
Telephone number: 0151 666 8903
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office
(ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk ). We would,
however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so
please contact us in the first instance.
This version was last updated on 27th February 2019 and historic versions can be obtained
by contacting us.
It is impor ant that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep
us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on
those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share personal
data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their
privacy statements. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy
policy of every website you visit.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means details which identify you or could be used to identify you such as your
name and contact details. It does not include data where the identity of a person has been
removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we
have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, employer, job title and place of work.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone number.
- Technical Data includes the display properties of your computer, internet protocol (IP) address and your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website and information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed and searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit of certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs, methods used to browse away from the page, the content of any forms that you complete on our website and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Work Data by corresponding with us by post, phone, and email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Create a candidate profile on our website;
- Request marketing to be sent to you; or
- Provide us feedback.
Third parties. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Analytics providers such as Google Analytics outside the EU;
- Advertising networks such as Google Adwords based outside of the UK;
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and TotalJobs.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data:
- Where we have obtained your consent;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We have set out below a description of the ways we use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
- To provide our services to you;
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- To retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- To provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with trusted third parties. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below How we share your personal data.
- To release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so;
- Our website uses a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
- In order to provide you with personalised content on our website, with more relevant communication in our emails, and with a tailored service from our consultants, we track and record your usage and interaction with our website and emails. We employ a third party service provider to help us record, store and analyse this information to determine how we might best deliver your engagement. We ensure that no personally identifiable attributes are recorded in this database and, other than our chosen service provider, we do not share this information with any other business or affiliate.
We may process, in accordance with local regulations, certain sensitive personal data (known as special category data in GDPR) where you include it in information you send to us e.g. if you include information about your health, religion or ethnic origin in the CV you send to us. We may also be required to conduct a criminal records check against your details. We have processes in place to limit our use and disclosure of such sensitive data other than where permitted by law.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your personal data. Please contact us DPO@scantec.co.uk if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
- Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract In order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation We are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests Either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent In some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your candidate profile.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of other transactions.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at DPO@scantec.co.uk
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will share your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with recruitment services;
- For business development;
- For systems development and testing;
- For development and marketing of other products and services; and/or
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you.
We will share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Clients We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you are interested.
- Regulatory and Law Enforcement Agencies If we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
- New Business Owners If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such event.
- Trusted Third Parties We will share your personal information and, where necessary, your sensitive personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as:
o Employment reference checking;
o Qualification checking;
o Criminal reference checking (as required);
o Verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or
o Psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
We will also share your personal information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and provide services to us such as:
- Professional advisors;
- Data analytics providers;
- IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems;
- Research and mailing houses; and/or
- Function co-ordinators.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up.
Your CV will be stored in our database, and will be accessible by our recruitment consultants.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
We may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including a right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data; and
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us by email at DPO@scantec.co.uk or by directly logging into your candidate profile.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or alternatively refuse to comply with your request, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.