£40000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
9 months ago
£40,000-£45,000 + benefits, management bonus
A leading chilled foods manufacturer is currently seeking a Technical Services Manager to lead and manage the Technical Services Team across 2 sites; developing their knowledge and experience to provide a world class service to internal and external customers. The Technical Services Manager will advise on legal, safety and quality standards for customer codes of practices and BRC adherence.
The successful Technical Services Manager will have experience working in a food manufacturing quality technical management position. You will have practical working knowledge of Quality Management Systems / HACCP & retailer Codes of Practice and the ability to conduct gap analysis as well as staff management experience.
Technical Services Manager responsibilities include:
• To manage and develop the Quality Management System
• To establish and maintain a process of internal auditing ensure compliance
• To manage Customer Complaints effectively
• To ensure all customer & site KPI reports are completed
• To effectively manage the completion of finished product specifications to meet critical path.
• To collate horizon scanning information relating to food issues / scares and similar events and communicate to relevant stakeholders
• To ensure that a HACCP based food safety management system is in place and understood to meet Food Safety, Quality and Legality, and customer specified requirements.
• To ensure that a controlled system of corrective action management is in place that addresses root cause and promotes continuous improvement.
• To ensure that site pest management systems are in place
• To effectively manage, coach and develop the Technical Services team.
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.