£58000 - £68000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
9 months ago
Technical Manager responsibilities:
- Dual site Technical lead, customer facing with all major retailers
- Contribute as a member of the business unit Senior Management Team
- Ensure that Health and Safety is at the forefront of all the tasks carried out by the Technical team.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the manufacturing operations and the overall direction, coordination, and improvement/development of technical strategy and its alignment with the site strategy
- Ensure that legislative, business and customer requirements are implemented / adhered to through regular checking and challenging.
- Have direct contact with suppliers regarding any technical issues to ensure that the supplier assurance system is carried out in line with the expected / required standards and lead all Technical customer audits and visits.
- Ensure that there is a robust HACCP system on site that maintains food safety systems
- Work with the Technical Manager and business unit team to continually improve plant and product standards, and identify opportunities for technical innovation
- Maintain documented quality systems that meet the legislative requirements and customer codes of practice
- Develop and maintain the sites Allergen Management Systems ensuring compliance with customer’s requirements
You will be a Head of Technical / Technical Manager used to working within a high paced manufacturing facility. You will also be customer facing with retail. Liquid fill, dairy or blow moulding knowledge will be deemed advantageous.
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.