£34000 - £35500 per annum, Benefits: 15% bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8925
7 months ago
Senior Analytical Scientist
Up to £34 – 35,500 plus a 15% bonus
Based in Liverpool
A major multinational expanding pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking to appoint an additional Senior Analytical Scientist. Experience of HPLC, method validation and leading / and or mentoring more junior members of staff is essential in this role. Additional experience in SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and ELISA would be highly desirable. Closing date is the 23rd February so please apply now to be considered!! Role includes enviable benefits including a paid day off to do Charity work.
- Performing analytics to support product development and cGMP production activities through all stages of bioprocessing (upstream and downstream).
- Acting as a technical lead on projects/methods assigned to them including the optimisation and transfer of methods through to routine application either internally or to external partners.
- Qualification and validation of methods required to support processes into the manufacturing facility.
- Leading installation and validation of analytical equipment
- Managing the initiation, investigation and closure of OOS’s, Deviations, Change Controls and CAPAs.
- Supervising and prioritising the day to day activities of the Analytical Scientists.
- Managing and co-ordinating projects
- Representing the organisation at conferences, presentations, external training and client visits
- Develop an understanding of new technologies used and apply initiative to optimise the current methodologies used.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical experience with at least 3 – 5 years industry experience.
- Experienced in the analysis of biomolecules.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques including but not limited to:
- Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, IEF)
- Chromatography (SE-UPLC, RP-HPLC, AEX, HILIC)
- Immunoassays (ELISA, Potency, HCP)
- Experience of performing equipment qualification and test method validation
- Experience in writing technical protocols, reports and test methods
- Clear understanding of the science and a passion for keeping abreast and implementing analytical advancements.
For further details and to apply please contact Johnathan Miller at Scantec on 0151._ 666._ 8925 and johnathanm (at) scantec. co. uk
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.