£26000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8976
12 months ago
Our client currently have an excellent opportunity for a Road Safety Engineer to work on a permanent basis to work in Normanton.
Engaged in the development of Safety and Integration/Accessibility/Cycling improvements in the Safety and Integration/Accessibility/Cycling Development Team in Area 12. Identifies improvement needs and undertakes the development of Safety and Integration/Accessibility/Cycling schemes (studies, etc.).
Reports to: Safety and Integration/Accessibility/Cycling Development Lead
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Working in accordance with the Integrated Business Management System, ensuring that all scheme development follows the relevant processes and procedures
- Carry out Road Safety Auditor duties
- Identifying improvement needs and entering these onto the business asset need management system such that they feed into the clients forward programme of improvement activities
- Initial development and preliminary design of schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with Highway England standards including the DMRB, IANs, MCHW, etc
- Assist the Safety and Integration/Accessibility/Cycling Development Lead and Senior Engineer in the preparation of improvement schemes for technical and scoring continuous value management workshops in accordance with the requirements of the latest revision of Highway England’s Project Control Framework
Fully implements and performs all aspects of the job role in accordance with the relevant Lean Competency Pathway Level (1-4) and Lean Philosophy. The appropriate level of competency required by the job role will be identified through the team competency matrix.
- Will demonstrate commitment to values by treating colleagues, customers (internal & external) and members of the general public, with fairness, respect & dignity at all times.
- Any other tasks or reasonable activities which are commensurate with the role and as directed.
Scantec Personnel Ltd. are acting as an employment agency for the recruitment of this position.
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates staed are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.