+44 (0)151 666 8925
5 months ago
Based in North Wales
Global Biotech company
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, contributory pension, share incentives, electronics and car discounts, eye care, free parking, role progression and extensive training opportunities.
Following over a decade of research, driven by the collaboration of a global R&D team; our Global Biotech client has developed a cutting edge technology which will allow them to further cement their place as a key player in their industry and drive future global growth.
Due to the development of this new technology, they are opening a new state of the art Laboratory complex at their existing site in North Wales, The new facility requires the recruitment of a team of 14 to run the day to day operations and Scantec are proud to be partnering with this organisation on a exclusive basis to support this project.
The role is responsible for performing complex and routine testing of in-process samples and final product samples to demonstrate that products meet the required quality standards.
The role will include an all expenses paid training programme in the USA lasting up to 4 weeks. The successful candidate will receive comprehensive training on the new technology as well as developing skills that will enhance key technical capabilities. The training programme will be run within the first 3 months of the role starting and as such applicants should allow up to 4 weeks of International travel within this period.
- Performing motility assays
- Sending bacteriology samples and analysing the reports
- Preferential cell sorting and DNA isolation
- Cell analysis using hybridization techniques
- DNA analysis using PCR techniques
- Maintenance of QC laboratory equipment and facilities to ensure readiness for use, cleanliness and calibration
- Review of QC Data for compliance to procedures and specifications
- Calculation, evaluation and recording of results
- Supporting and training of best practices
- Transferring new methods from support groups to the QC laboratory
- Authors protocols related to the implementation and use of QC equipment
- QC data entry
- Test reagent manufacture
- Qualifying new instrumentation utilised in the Quality Control laboratory
- Testing assistance.
- Minimum Degree in related field and 2+ years experience required
- Experience in making and reading slides
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- DNA Isolation and PCR analysis experience is essential
- Histology, Karyotyping or FISH Technique experience would be desirable
- Competent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
To apply, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours of their application to discuss next steps.
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.