£38000 - £42000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8957
about 1 year ago
Cheshire, Wrexham, Flintshire
£40,000 plus benefits
A leading FMCG manufacturer is now seeking a Project Engineer to Design, Implement and develop key site projects which incorporate PLC’s, HMI’s and Controls Systems.
The successful Project Engineer will ideally have a strong engineering background educated to a minimum of ONC level. You will have a strong understanding of working in an FMCG manufacturing environment and be familiar with World Class Manufacturing / CI methodologies.
Engineering Project Manager Responsibilities include:
- Capital expenditure procedure; creates written charter for all major projects, establish cost benefit analysis, and provide detailed plans of execution.
- Examine alternative technologies and report accordingly
- Budget control; track costs accurately and effectively
- Management of contractors - Exercise appropriate selection process when choosing contractors with company policy and site rules and ensure any contractors on site comply with site safety rules
- Maintain strong communication links with all engineering personnel including updating senior as and when appropriate
- Carry out research into potential improvement plans and provide cost comparisons from a range of suppliers
- Collaborate with Structural Engineers as appropriate regarding alterations to the buildings
- Examine potential for using internal labour where appropriate and compare with external costs
- Compare comparative quotations from external suppliers on a definitive scale
For further information please contact Mike Cairns on 07885807952 or apply with a cv submission.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.