+44 (0)151 666 8999
9 months ago
As a result of expansion and continued success on Sellafield projects, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Draughtsperson to join a team based in Egremont.
An exciting time to join this organisation, the Project Draughtsperson will join a fabrication company based in West Cumbria. Our client specialise in both fabrication and on-site assembly for supply in to the highly regulated nuclear industry. These activities are supported by detailed documentation packages to client specification – whereby the business activities are heavily based on bespoke requirements.
The successful Project Draughtsperson will undertake production of engineering drawings and other engineering tasks in accordance with the business requirement or project programme so as to enable the delivery of the bids and projects to clients within pre-determined standards for quality, time, and budget.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating formal engineering drawings from sketches or concepts to help with the tendering process and to provide the client with a clear understanding of our proposal
- Creating manufacturing/specification drawings as required to meet the requirements of the project and procurement
- Timely production of drawings to ensure deadlines are met for tender submissions and project delivery
- Supporting the Business Development Process as agreed with the Operations Manager
- Supporting and where necessary assisting the supply chain and procurement personnel to ensure successful procurement and delivery to budget, safety, quality and environmental requirements
- Supporting the project department with the liaison with sub-contractors on technical/engineering elements of project delivery
- Assisting in the identification and mitigation of project engineering risks
- Monitoring work activity and progress in conjunction with the appropriate manager / function head to ensure all projects run within programme and plans
- Discussing and report work priorities with Project managers and department managers
- Providing support to the assurance department in the collation of Life Time Quality Records (LQR) packs
- Ensuring personal, professional, technical and engineering competency through continuing professional development
- Formulating and managing own personal training plan and development activity with the Works Manager
The ideal Project Draughtsperson will meet the following criteria:
- 2 years experience in the practical application of technical skills within design, manufacturing, test or research disciplines
- Ability to generate engineering drawings from sketches or specifications
- Conversant with AutoCAD (LT 2014)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.