Salary circa. £25,000 + benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8950
4 months ago
The Production Shift Supervisor will be responsible for supervising, developing and motivating their team in a consistent and safe way. You will be focused on producing products to specified quality and customer standards in a cost efficient manner with minimal downtime.
Responsibilities of the Production Shift Supervisor include:
- Completing the production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel. This includes monitoring progress, revising the schedule when necessary and accurately reporting results.
- Optimising the use of machines and staff numbers to ensure production runs as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Analysing product and packaging waste and propose and implement measures to reduce wastage levels.
- Ensuring all products are produced to customer specifications within agreed company HACCP and & BRC systems.
- Ensuring effective communication to the production team on all key issues.
- Managing HR issues including staff absence levels and timekeeping and disciplinary/grievance issues.
- Overseeing employee training sessions.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment by educating staff on established policies and procedures.
- Providing a smooth handover, ensuring any outstanding issues are clearly communicated.
The successful Production Shift Supervisor will have previous experience of supervising teams in a BRC accredited food manufacturing environment. You will be experienced in HR processes such as grievances, disciplinary, return to work along with appraisals and coaching/mentoring. The Production Shift Supervisor must also have good I.T. skills to be able to analyse production data and department efficiencies.
Application via CV.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.