£30k - £35k incl.shift allow.
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 months ago
You will be a passionate and results driven individual with a proactive approach. You will be experienced in driving culture change programmes and have proven leadership skills in motivating / developing teams in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Shift Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing the production team and supporting the Operations Supervisor.
- Act as first point of contact between packing team and management.
- Arrange staff rotation throughout the shift to maximise efficiency.
- Support up skilling of the operation teams in lean thinking tools and techniques.
- Identify and implement possible improvements within the business.
- Understanding of all relevant HR Procedures including return to work, disciplinary, grievances, recruitment and inductions liaising with the HR Department to achieve the appropriate outcome.
- Focus on clear communication, 121’s, team briefs, team development, taking responsibility and accountability.
- Provide training for staff as required.
- Ensure all staff are working to food safety / QMS standards and support and promote safe working practices.
- Investigate and respond to problems in relation to equipment, machinery and materials
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.