££comp+ excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
over 1 year ago
££highly competitive + car + excellent company benefits
Home based (1 day a week in the South West office)
A blue chip FMCG food manufacturer in the South West is currently seeking a National Account Manager to manage a Top 4 retail account. Reporting to the Head of Sales, the National Account Manager will be responsible for driving the growth and development of the allocated retail accounts.
The successful Senior National Account Manager will have previous experience of managing retail accounts - ideally top 4 but will consider discount channel - within a food or drink category. Whilst the retail relationships are well established, we are seeking someone to drive forward the commercial growth through understanding of the category and spotting potential for opportunities.
Therefore the successful National Account Managers will demonstrate a passion for developing relationships and the ability to spot new business opportunities within an established category.
Responsibilities of the National Account Manager include:
• Maintain and drive long term growth & sustainability of the business in line with the Commercial Plan.
• Creation and review of customer business plans to drive category growth
• Co-ordinate effectively & efficiently terms, spend & profit across account portfolio.
• Ensure forecasting is timely and accurate by managing the customer demand plan as part of the S&OP process
• Manage promotional activity through the promotion process.
• Achievement of listing and distribution targets within the agreed timescales and supported by agreed Merchandising solutions.
• Drive customer engagement using a customer centric approach delivering customer improvement plans where necessary.
• Analyse category performance, customer sales and competitor activity and implement changes to business plan where appropriate.
• Support the business with ad-hoc projects & initiatives as directed by the Head of Sales.
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.