£32000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Included
+44 (0)151 666 8955
about 2 months ago
£32,000 to £38,000 + benefits
Monday to Friday 8-4pm
Crewkerne, Yeovil, Taunton, Bridport, Weymouth, Ilchester, Dorset, Somerset
A rapidly expanding FMCG manufacturer is now seeking an Engineer to work alongside the maintenance team and be responsible for the implementation of CI engineering projects.
The successful CI Engineer will have previous engineering experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment and have a proven track record of implementing CI projects using lean and six sigma methodologies. The successful CI Engineer will have the ability to communicate with all internal and external stakeholders around CI projects and progress.
- Responsible for implementing continuous improvement projects
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives
- Manage a portfolio of lean manufacturing projects directed at improving OEE’s, improving quality and reducing waste to provide greater value; implements such tools as: 5S, SMED, and Kaizen
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets
- Assist with reducing process and product variation as a result of machine deficiencies, poor OEE’s, focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements
- Train, coach and motivate personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques
- Meets HS&E standards and external audit / accreditation requirements
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.