+44 (0)151 666 8985
8 months ago
Due to growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer with reliability experience to join a Top Tier COMAH organisation who specialise in the manufacture of fluorochemicals and fluoropolymers for a number of companies across the UK and Europe.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will be accountable for providing Mechanical Engineering expertise and management systems support to ensure the client can fulfil its legislative and industry best practice requirements in the maintenance of the client’s assets and provide plant reliability and sustainability.
Key Responsibilities - Technical Engineering Support
- Provide technical support to production maintenance and technical personnel
- Responsible technical person (first point of contact) for advice on Maintenance issues
- Provides input to a maintenance management plan that will anticipate good asset performance related issues that could adversely impact plant operations
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- The operation and support of the engineering management systems, ensuring they are compliant with both current and future legislative requirements and best industry standards
- Collate data within the MMS to highlight repeat process issues
- The use of CMMS (MAXIMO) to analyse failure data. This includes assisting in strategy development to improve performance and increase asset management
- Contribute to the development of a centralised Information Management System (MAXIMO), which ensures that inspections, schedules, registers, audits, calibrations are undertaken
- Assist in the writing of SOPs, their implementation, compliance auditing and feedback on effectiveness
- Contribute to the long term strategy, support engineering technicians, write CAPEX and manage project and contractors
- Contribute to the improvement of the teams and further develop ideas through to a design specification
- Work with Project Engineer in delivering the project, monitor and provide assistance as required
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineer or equivalent
- Knowledge of PSSR, rotating equipment, pipework and vessels
- COMAH plant experience
- Fault finding, analysis and diagnostics
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates staed are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.