££competitive + bens
+44 (0)151 666 8953
4 months ago
££comp + bens
commutable from: Gainsborough, Lincoln, Worksop, Doncaster, Scunthorpe
A leading global FMCG manufacturer with a site in the Gainsborough area is currently seeking an HSE lead / HSE Advisor to join the team. Reporting to the Site Manager, the HSE Lead / HSE Advisor will be responsible for driving the HSE agenda on site using their influencing skills to engage and work closely with key stakeholders.
The successful HSE Lead / HSE Advisor will ideally be qualified to diploma level or have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role. The successful HSE lead / HSE Advisor will have FMCG or manufacturing experience with demonstrable experience of influencing and driving change not just processes.
Key Responsibilities of the HSE Lead / HSE Advisor include
• Primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
• Advises management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice etc
• Drive and reinforce a culture of good safety across the site
• Create/develop standards/performance frameworks for performance assessment and benchmarking (e.g. ISO 180001/ISO14001/ISO50001)
• Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required
• Designate and carry out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
• Support & advise Occupational Health & HR as required
• Maintain the Environmental Management Systems (EMS) in line with Company or other prevailing standards (ISO14001)
• Responsibility for the coordination of other wider site service activities such as security & waste management
• Provide induction training, deliver briefings & other Health & Safety training
• Contribute to the general management and decision making, and activity of the Site Management teams.
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates staed are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.