£35,000-£45,000 per annum + Living away allowance for non locals
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
The salary offered is £35,000-£45,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits.
The ideal candidate will be used to working flexibly within a unit rate contract (based on norms) and conversant with ASME(American) & EN(European) specifications and typical refinery based standards.
- Previous experience estimating projects
- Conversant with ASME(American) & EN(European) specifications and typical refinery based standards.
- Production of plans to support estimate submission.
- Production of work packs and data provision for document record books.
- Experience in the refinery industry.
- Experience with estimating software and spreadsheet design.
- Ability to use CAD programs.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- To support the Estimating Dept in the assembly of accurate and well organized estimates as required by Senior Management.
- Analyse drawings and specifications.
- Producing estimates from isometric, sketch or P&ID drawings of piping systems.
- Producing general mechanical fabrication and installation estimates for pipe, steelwork, tankage & vessels.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize sub-contractors quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders. Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same. Monitor progress, requisition change orders and identify any potential risks. Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Insure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
- Work with and deal with concerns of field personnel. Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing. Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.