£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Package
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
My client is a progressive EPC provider leading the development of a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK. Due to timely programme development, the project has identified an opportunity for a Civil Project Engineer to join the next phase of the assignment.
The Civil Project Engineer will be responsible for working with the Project Management team to ensure that all site development, construction activities and project-related activities are identified, planned, designed and delivered to budget, quality and time criteria as specified with the project requirements.
Key responsibilities for the new Civil Project Engineer will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring development of specifications and requirements for work.
- Supporting the Project Manager to ensure that works and activities are developed, designed, consented, procured and constructed to deliver the business and project requirements.
- Managing key elements of the project and work package(s) to ensure these are planned, prepared, implemented and commissioned to time, quality and budget criteria.
- Effective management of the supply chain through the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate the review of deliverables, communicate any concerns to appropriate stakeholders and manage the appropriate action plans if required.
- Liaise with other stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure that works are constructible, consentable and maintainable, meeting the project’s requirements. In addition, minimising construction and project risk within agreed project timescales.
- Responsibility for budget and the development of the overall project programme and risk registers.
- Champion Health and Safety and Environmental culture.
- Oversee the approach and strategy for the project/work package delivery.
- Optimise the use of available resources and obtain commitments to deliver assigned project(s).
- Generate and implement overall project engineering schedule development strategy
- Ensure robust project management arrangements, including quality plans, are established and maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to process/procedure development/improvements and other organisational development activities to support building a credible organization.
The Civil Project Engineer should have :
- Hold a relevant degree in engineering, science or related area.
- Good understanding of UK H & S regulations, CDM regulations, Quality and Environmental Control, Risk and Contract management.
- Demonstrable project management competency.
- Experience of working within civil nuclear industry.
- Practical experience of regulatory requirements as applicable to nuclear construction.
- Highly effective stakeholder management skills with clear evidence of positively influencing decision making and business outcomes.
- Experience of construction practices within the UK industry.
- Proven track record of delivering complex construction projects, multi component and multi disciplinary, ideally in nuclear.
- Experience of critically reviewing and appraising documentation/specifications.
- Experience of managing significant and complex supply chains with clear evidence of influencing delivery and driving value.
The standard working week is 36 hours however project deliverables and timeframes may require flexibility on occasion.
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.