£35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: 5% bonus, CIPS diploma qual
+44 (0)151 666 8943
about 1 month ago
As the site Buyer, you will be able to make this role your own and have a say in the direction and strategy for the site spend as well as being able to take the lead on purchasing projects. This company will fully support CIPS diploma qualification training as well as further career development and progression.
Buyer - key responsibilities:
- Be the local representative of the Group Purchasing Team responsible for support and implementation of those sourcing categories lead by Central Purchasing into the local Business Unit, aligned with the Global Business Objectives
- Undertake the sourcing of materials and services at the right price, right time and right quality
- Ensure company procedures and standards are maintained
- Liaise with suppliers for all aspects of the procurement process; monitor supplier performance ensuring approved suppliers provide the highest level of service.
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discounts and volume rebates
- Contractor evaluation and management skills, understanding of required documentation
- Ensure that all operational procurement activities are being conducted in the most cost efficient manner to reduce the number of orders being raised and transactions required.
- Undertake Supplier Visits proactively and report findings to the Business
- Control and manage Operational and Capex spend currently administered by site Engineers
- Identify and deliver cost savings across all areas of site spend and benchmark with other client sites
- Deliver targeted cost savings month on month and seek value added solutions with key suppliers
- Promote best Purchasing practice across the Business and manage the purchase to pay process effectively
- Awareness of Market forces and Supplier issues communicating effectively to the Business any cost and risk factors
You will be a Purchasing professional / Buyer and will ideally have experience of working in a manufacturing or related environment and managing an MRO and operational spend. Proven negotiation skills and customer facing experience are essential for this role.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.