£42000 - £47000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 2 months ago
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, the Inbound Materials Manager will also be responsible for the day to day management and development of a team of material schedulers. The supply base is complex with multiple suppliers across the UK, Europe and the Far East therefore complex planning and capacity knowledge in manufacturing is essential to ensure best practice in stock management.
Responsibilities of the Inbound Materials Manager include:
• Ensure that the materials procured against the plan are available on time with minimal stock holding.
• Identify and discuss any areas of further potential cost savings through altered order patterns / MOQ and lead-time improvements.
• Ensuring customers are charged appropriately for any agreements made regarding additional costs for material procurement.
• To ensure inventory level and value are managed in line with targets and budget.
• Management and ownership of stock levels and inbound plan.
• Resolve conflict with suppliers / obtain agreement on trade-offs via customer meetings and communications.
• Analyse the production and manufacturing plan generated by the factory planner to optimise material requirements whilst avoiding excess stock or insufficient stock.
• Manage the team to ensure collaborative team work is evident within the own team and cross functionally.
• Planning for succession and personal development.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.