£60000 - £73000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
Area Manager - Brum
2 months ago
About the Company:
This is a reputable Approved Inspector with a growing regional team in the West Midlands that currently boasts a varied portfolio of work shared between both Residential and Commercial developments. They have a significant pipeline of work creating opportunity for further growth with the right individual leading the team. This employer has also recently improved their benefits package to recognise their valuable staff, meaning the package on offer is genuinely market-leading.
About the Role:
This opportunity will suit either an established Building Control Manager or an experienced Surveyor looking to challenge themselves by managing and growing a small team (competitive salary to suit experience and full support of Regional Directors for those looking to progress). You will be predominantly based from home however there would be office presence expected for at least 2 days per week for direct support/training to the team (anything additional is flexible to suit). There is currently a good balance of Residential/Commercial projects, with a view to become more commercial focused in the long-term (coverage area is predominantly local).
- Proven relevant industry experience within a Building Control environment, carrying out plan checking and site inspections, whilst managing your own projects
- Full Membership of RICS, CABE, CIOB (or equivalent)
- Commercial experience desirable but not essential
- Management experience preferable but not essential
- Thorough knowledge and application of Building Regulations, AI regulations and associated legislation
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of a car
- Salary up to £70,000
- Car allowance (circa £3k/annum)
- 45p/mile (in addition to car allowance)
- 30 days annual leave (plus public holidays – 38 total)
- Death in service x4 salary
- Private health care
- Long-term sick pay
- Improved pension scheme
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.