£25000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
17 days ago
A choice of 6am - 2pm OR 7am - 3pm
A leading FMCG manufacturer in Manchester is seeking a Production Line Technician to join their expanding team on a permanent basis. Your role would be to ensure the safe, effective and efficient running of the production lines from raw materials through to finished goods. You would work closely with your Team Leader and Shift Managers to meet the requirements of the production plans, whilst maintaining health, safety and quality standards.
Production Line Technician Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure Line is supplied with the appropriate materials at all times
- Complete the SIC boards accurately
- Minimise downtime due to changeovers ensuring the Production targets for the shift are consistently met
- Reduce wastage whilst ensuring legal compliance of weights and measures
- Be proactive towards health and safety, work within defined Safe Systems of Work, to input into improvements of health and safety, to demonstrate to correct health and safety behaviours and report near misses and unsafe acts.
- To engage with the continuous improvement agenda, seek out new opportunities and take an active role in all activities
- Ensure Line team carries out all hygiene tasks as defined in hygiene works schedules and
- Identify on weekly basis maintenance requirements for the Line and communicate this to the production and Engineering teams
- Carry out pre-start checks on line as defined in the start-up check sheet to complete all relevant documentation and finish checks.
- Ensure all downtime is logged accurately and communicated
- Complete all defined Quality Assurance and Health and Safety checks both at start of production and at designated intervals (inclusive of all CCP’s)
We are seeking candidates with a pro-active, results-driven mind-set with experience of working in a FMCG or Manufacturing environment. You will need to have strong attention to detail and be able to read, interpret and qualify information.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.