£24574 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
about 1 month ago
Trafford Park, Manchester
A leading FMCG manufacturer in Manchester is seeking Permanant Production Operators to join their expanding team on a permanent basis. This company can offer excellent career development and progression for those who want it, to Line Technician and beyond (management level roles - Team Leader / Shift Manager).
Your role would be packing, mixing, palletising and de-boxing on production lines from raw materials through to finished goods. You would work closely with Line technicians and line leaders to meet the requirements of the production plans, whilst maintaining health, safety, quality and food safety standards.
Flexibility is key in this role, in terms of the department you work as well as hours and shift pattern. Although unlikely, these may change as each of the 3x departments operates a slightly different shift pattern.
This shift pattern for this role, would be expected to be:
6am-6pm / 6pm-6am
2 on, 3 off, 2 on rotates to 2 off, 3 on, 2 off
2 weeks of days and 2 weeks of nights
(Further information on shifts can be given upon telephone screen
Production Operator – Main duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures ensuring that the work environment is safe at all time
- Comply with all Food Safety and quality policies and procedures
- Complete technical paperwork as per audit requirements
- Ensure hygiene/GMP are maintained in line with BRC standards (clean as you go)
- To run the production lines in the most efficient manner in order to hit the daily production plan. Any faults/downtimes to be communicated to a line technician/line manager
- Attending team briefs or any other manufacturing meetings as required
- Responsible for changeovers, equipment and process control checks - Retail packaging equipment
- Ensuring CCP checks and SIC recording is done according to procedures (downtime and waste)
- Printing and verification of product outer label
We are seeking candidates from a similar food production or warehouse operative environment, with a pro-active,results driven mind-set. Ideally you will have knowledge of stock control processes. Basic food hygiene certificate and H&S quals such as IOSH are desirable but not essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.