£30000 - £34000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
4 months ago
40 hours per week. Some flex may be required on start / finish times.
Mechanical or Electrical bias, ideally 18th Edition trained with good mechanical aptitude.
A leading business in Selby is seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join their small engineering team on a permanent basis. The main purpose of this Maintenance Engineer role is to maintain and ensure that all equipment and facilities are in good working order as well as ensuring that Health and Safety of all engineering tasks are maintained on site.
Maintenance Engineer – Main duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development of (PPM) schedules.
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required.
- Operate maintenance Fork Lift Truck and Elevated Working Platform as required.
- Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary.
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to management, Group Leader and Lead Technician
- Plan / prioritize workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Assist with the moving, installation, re-positioning of machines and equipment.
- Ensure the site has adequate spares inline with set agreed stock levels
- Ensure contractor control for all engineering tasks is correctly managed
- Ensure all Engineering risk assessments are completed.
- To maintain and on site list of capital spend required for continual improvement.
We are seeking an experienced maintenance engineer, mech or elec bias. You will need to be an excellent communicator with good IT skills – (competent in Excel/Word/ and Power point) and ideally have an18th Edition electrical qualification although not essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.