£53 - £54 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
29 days ago
Our Client is a global independent Engineering group, they specialise in many sectors including Nuclear and defence. Due to an increase in workload in this area an opportunitity has arisen for an E,C&I Design Co-ordinator to support them with a long term project in Derby.
The project requires a suite of Electrical supplier designed work packages to be managed through the design phase. Whilst the design work will be carried out by the specialist suppliers, the Engineering team need those packages of work to be; managed internally, have documentation produced and taken through the relevant governance routes.
Key responsibilities for this role -
• Support RR procurement during the contract phase with the preferred design house/supplier,
• Review, check and feedback on the technical output from the design house/supplier,
• Be the SQEP Point of Contact for all Technical Queries (TQ's),
• Capable of answering or providing solutions for TQ's,
• Ensure integration of the design with the rest of the facility and systems within it,
• Provide guidance to the design house/supplier on what is required for a detailed design review gate,
• Present the detailed design to gain endorsement to proceed to manufacture.
What we are looking for in applications -
You will need to be security cleared
• Be capable of producing supplier specifications for the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of C&I equipment for a nuclear licenced site.
• Understand and provide guidance to the supply chain on what is expected in order to provide adequate design substantiation against C&I design codes and standards.
• Be familiar with industry recognised modern codes and standards for C&I equipment, such as BS EN 61508 and BS EN 61513.
• Be familiar with the terms relevant good practice and relevant best practice and have an understanding of how this is realised in the design and justification of C&I equipment for a
nuclear licenced site.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.