£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Company vehicle & Fuel Card provided
+44 (0)151 666 8937
4 months ago
You will be hands on, completing site visits and surveys for the Work Superintendent whilst also leading small teams as required.
Initially you will shadow the electrical superintendent gaining support specifying jobs, understanding work scopes, organising materials, quotes, RAMs and planning labour to ensure the end clients projects are completed within budget and on time.
Examples of the type of work required: site set ups, cabin set ups, replacement lighting, platform replacing, station upgrades / new builds
80% of your time will be spent on waste water projects for united utilities and the LNW line and TruEast Alliance for Network Rail. The remainder will be spent in the office or on commercial or industrial projects such as offices, welding yards, spray booths and compressors.
Ideally you will have experience on waste water sites and an industrial background. Rail experience is advantageous but not essential if you have other commercial / industrial experience.
Site working hours : 7am-5pm Monday-Friday
Flexibility to work occasional night shift may be required
This role will require an element of working from home (hotel etc. paid for by client). Expected to spend circa 3-5 nights per month away from home.
The Candidate - Required
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) or equivalent
- C&G 2391 or equivalent
- ECS Gold Card
- Experience of producing and briefing RAMS
- Ability to both deliver works ‘hands on’ and to lead small delivery teams
- Full UK driving License (Van provided)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible and committed approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Team-working ethos
- Unwavering positive attitude towards safety
- Willingness to work away from home as the role dictates
- Proficient use of Amtech testing software
- ECS Black Card
- C&G 2396
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.