£10.20 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8999
2 months ago
Rotating 8-hour Shifts of Earlies and Lates
Temporary role 6 Months
Pay £10.20 Per Hour Equivalent of £20,155 Cira 28 days Holiday
Commutable from Bolton, Macclesfield, Rochdale, Altrincham, Wilmslow, Stockport, Bredbury.
A leading FMCG Independent Manufacturing company based in Stockport is currently recruiting for a Shift Laboratory Analyst on a Temporary basis. The Shift Laboratory Analyst will be responsible for quality control and quality assurance activities within the Laboratory but will also liaise with the production team assisting with samples on the production line. The role reports into the Laboratory manager.
Shift Laboratory Analyst duties consist of:
- Carrying out the established range of quality control, microbiology and chemistry testing whilst carrying out inspection procedures and accurately recording and reporting results.
- Communicate any out of specification results to the wider team and take appropriate action.
- Use and maintain laboratory equipment with proper diligence in accordance with instruction and training provided.
- Carry out all work in a safe manor and report any health and safety risks via the appropriate channels.
- Work shifts as required by the Laboratory Analyst. This will usually be on a mutually agreed rota basis.
- Become proficient in the use of any new equipment and procedures that may be introduced.
- Bring to the attention of the Laboratory Manager or Quality Assurance Manager any matter which you cannot resolve and which prevents or hinders the execution of your duties.
- Pursue ongoing training and personal development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You will ideally hold a Degree in a Scientific subject and a minimum of 3 months experience of working in a Laboratory.
- Graduates are also welcome to apply as full training will be provided.
- Additionally candidates with either predominantly Chemistry or Microbiology related qualifications and / or experience will be cross trained in the other areas they don't currently have experience in.
- A driving licence is essential for this role due to location and rotating shift pattern.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.