Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8923
2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal EC&I Engineer to join a leading Consultancy business to support and manage the significant growth in its EC&I department, focused on Nuclear New Build. The Principal Engineer will provide functional leadership and support to the technical discipline community focused on increasing the nuclear new build portfolio.
They will be capable in Instrumentation Engineering (including functional Safety), Control Engineering including model‐based software development and Systems Engineering, with a strong background in power station Engineering.
The Principal C&I Engineer will support programme development, Leadership and oversight of lower grades, generate technical solutions, manage technical risks and assist in production of estimates and programmes. They will be involved in the full project lifecycle from capture of requirements, providing design input for assemblies, systems and installations to ensure the design is safe, functionally adequate for the user defined technical specification and in line with the appropriate design codes.
Playing a central technical role within project delivery, good communication and technical management skills to ensure that the interface with the Engineering and Project Management disciplines is efficient and effective, is essential. The Principal Engineer must be able to successfully lead presentations at design review meetings with client representatives, to a high standard, and will be required to set the required professional standard for the members of the EC&I team.
The Principal Engineer will also assume responsibility for:
- Producing technical solutions from customer requirements and initial concepts and lead/ work with designers to provide optimal project solutions
- Keeping abreast of latest developments in the engineering arena especially with respect to the latest developments in technologies and techniques
- Producing project deliverables in accordance with project requirements, current best practice, and to the relevant standards and procedures
- Advising and direct the team on technical issues as necessary throughout the project lifecycle and ensure a coherent approach to project delivery is adopted.
- Adhering to the company Quality Management System, contribute to the development of the QMS and proactively enforce and monitor team compliance to the QMS
- Ensuring assigned work is delivered to agreed time scales, costs, and to the required quality
- Assisting with the preparation of estimates for projects or proposals
- Contribute to the setting of department and personal (appraisal process) goals and objectives.
- Applying a systematic technical process to provide design input for assemblies and systems, ensuring any design is safe, fit for purpose, and meets the requirements placed upon it, whilst accounting for cost and time scales
- Management of sub‐contractors delivering specialist tasks
- Authoring/checking of technical specifications for the supply chain engagement
A degree (or equivalent qualification and experience) in a relevant engineering discipline, as well as the ability to obtain SC clearance, is essential.
Chartered status and SC clearance is advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.