£45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Life Insurance, Private Health, Other Great Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 months ago
£45-55k circa, 39days total (30 plus 8 bank holidays and Warrington Waling Day), Good Pension, Life Assurance, Private Medical Option Including Family, Cycle to work,
A fantastic opportunity due to promotion for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a large manufacturing site based in Warrington, with exceptional benefits.
The remit of the role is to deliver improved asset reliability by adoption of proactive maintenance practices within the plant. This role will be in charge of defining the scope and be responsible for the implementation of strategic improvement projects for all Plants on site as well as delivering improved site maintenance and engineering standards, procedures and systems on site.
- Improve reliability of plants to deliver world class OEE by reducing planned and unplanned downtime. Issue Asset improvement Plants and RCA processes and implement action plans to improve operational effectiveness of the plants. Undertake weekly performance review meetings and drive high action completion rates.
- Run the Monthly Capital Project Meetings - Act as the Engineering Client for all capital or MIP projects. Prioritise projects, raise CAPAR’s and ensure subcontractors provide good service and delivery.
- Engineering Client for Capital projects and eMOC’s, providing a close link to Operations. Work with the Planner to develop detailed maintenance plans and scopes for minor improvement projects for implementation during the Furnace Rebuild.
- Task management, steering and control of Planner to develop his skills and ability within the Planning Role.
- Maintenance and equipment appraisal to establish high quality preventative maintenance schedules, and ensuring satisfactory KPI compliance.
- Define and implement KPI measures and adopt preventative and proactive maintenance policies on production critical equipment to drive improvement in plant reliability to achieve agreed targets. Oversee development of improved Planning Systems including the Engineering databank
- Lead implementation of root cause analysis (RCA) and implement action plans to continually improve the operational effectiveness of the plants. Ensure this culture reinforces the joint responsibility between operations and maintenance personnel to solve longstanding reliability problems.
- Establish and maintain long term asset improvement/development plans for Plants which feed the 5 year business capital programme for these assets. Ensure the strategic decisions on the future of steam generation on Warrington Site are well informed by accurate and comprehensive asset condition and asset lifetime analysis in relation to all mechanical and civil engineering matters.
- Longer term Technical engineering support to Global sites
- SHE Critical Equipment Listings - Review and update all equipment registers for the Plant
- To ensure projects are delivered to satisfactory SHE and Engineering Standards Monitor construction phase installation work and to offer support and guidance to the Construction Engineers. Agree snag-list items and initial acceptance on behalf of the Client
- Input into initial project HAZOP and design review process and also input to constructability & maintainability reviews for larger capital projects.
- Monitor both maintenance and capital project installation work to ensure that it is undertaken safely, effectively and to acceptable workmanship standards.
- Monitor construction phase installation work and to offer support and guidance to the Project & Construction Engineers. Undertake workplace audits to monitor SHE and work quality.
- Act as an authorised person regarding permit/certificate issue and work control associated with roof works, excavation works and offer technical support in the development of procedures for the control of lifting operations.
Good IT skills, building on existing proficiency and developing competence in the
The job holder ideally will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Mechanical engineering roles within industry (FMCG, Process, Chemical, Petrochemical)
Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme, supplemented by training
HNC in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent and/ or relevant experience.
Excellent understanding of all process plants, associated asset maintenance and projects leadership
The job holder will rely on the Site E/I Engineer for technical support in the E/I area as well as ensuring compliance with E/I statutory and company requirements.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.