£28 - £30 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
1 day ago
Our Client is one of the largest independently owned civil, structural, rail and transportation consultancy in the UK.
They have framework agreements with various Public and private sector clients. An opportunity has arisen for a Highways Safety inspector to support them with a local authority contract in Bolton.
- To carry out a range of multifunctional highway/footway related inspections and /or investigations on council owned assets or other highway/footway assets owned by internal or external partners/agencies.
- Accurately record on-site information using a variety of techniques including writing, audio, camera, and data capture devices, for use in developing work programmes and use as legal evidence.
- Provide factual witness statements to solicitors/legal representatives and attend pre-trial conferences and give evidence on behalf of the council in court proceedings
- In respect of Highway Enforcement , prepare/maintain prosecution files/evidence in line with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 5 Liaise directly with applicants with regards to the safe installation, siting and timing of scaffolds, hoardings, builders skips/containers, street cafes, building materials stored on the highway and any other highway related licence, ensuring compliance with regulations, codes of practice and terms of license.
- Inspect Statutory Undertakers works and liaise with them in respect of compliance with regulations and approved codes of practice. Hold site meetings with Statutory Undertakers representatives and where appropriate, implement penalty notices and fines in line with agreed procedures.
- Investigate enquiries relating to this work area and provide customer feedback, either by correspondence, site meetings or telephone.
- To take on-site measurements and raise clear instructions to undertake minor highway works.
- Provide advice to members of the public either verbally or in writing regarding unauthorised obstructions and other highway enforcement issues that may be causing an offence under the relevant sections of the Highways Act
- To assist in the training of new/temporary staff in carrying out the role of a Highways Inspector.
- Actively support the Council’s CRM process and liaise with customers in relation to service issues.
- Update the Council’s EAM records to ensure clear information is provided for customer feedback and also for internal use.
- Support management in the development of SIAPS.
- Contribute towards performance management arrangements within defined work areas
- Identify and recommend appropriate corrective action in areas where repairs have not been carried out to required specification
- Ensure health and safety issues are adequately addressed to minimise risk to health and safety of self and others
- Support the personal development review process by identifying personal training needs.
- Be a role model to colleagues and members of the public by ensuring self-conduct in line with council policies which relate to appropriate staff behaviour.
- Provide information to assist in the work of the Business Support Team
- Support the Council and Departmental visons, initiatives and strategies.
- Attend area forums.
- Be part of a standby team roster in support of highway related out of hours services.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.