£45000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
2 days ago
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer is seeking a Manufacturing Manager on nights to lead the Operations Area Management team to effectively deliver an operationally excellent and efficient performance in line with the site business requirements.
4on, 4off - 7am-7pm / 7pm-7am
Your role will be to take responsibility for managing the production, packing lines and people in your area whilst ensuring that all products are manufactured according to specification and required quality standards. You will also play a key role in ensuring a safe working environment whilst using the correct quantity and quality of raw materials.
If you are looking for a new challenge or the next step in your career, this could be the role for you...
Realistic progression opportunities
Stability and job security
Highly profitable business
Fantastic culture and working environment
Manufacturing Manager – Brief summary of Key responsibilities:
- To ensure your area’s comply with company and legal standards (safety, quality, hygiene, environment, security)
- Deliver the Operational strategy, plan and use your team to ensure continuous improvement activity is in place to drive year on year improvements across both Manufacturing and Hygiene
- Full deputy duty holder status for site Operations including Lead Incident control
- Demonstrate visible leadership for the Area Management teams, creating an empowering culture to build a high performing team
- Ability to communicate and lead a compelling and inspired vision for the Area teams in line with the site Operations vision and strategy
- Work cross functionally with the Operation, H&S, Technical and Engineering Teams to ensure a culture of continuous improvement becomes commonplace
- Regularly review working practises, developing a personal knowledge of the Company’s product range and production issues in order to facilitate more flexible working and labour optimisation, including new shift patterns and scheduling as well as understanding and ownership of the Operational issues
- Full competency and capability development of Area Managers to future Manufacturing Managers through PDP’s, PDR’s and training
- Ensure total area compliance and lead product quality with all applicable corporate and legal standards (personal safety, food safety, quality, hygiene, environment and security)
- Delivery of the KPI's to achieve the site business plan (safety, quality, service, cost, people and projects) ensuring accurate performance reporting across the area
We are looking for an experienced Manager with a progressive mind-set, proven leadership and communication skills with a strong track record of or driving improvements and developing teams within a Food Manufacturing environment.
You will have a flexible approach to work, be able to work on own initiative and be a confident decision maker with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
You will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes and will have the ability to understand how to make improvements which influence company profitability
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.