North West England
£19000 - £21000 per annum, Benefits: benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8967
10 days ago
Reporting to the Development Manager the Development Technician will have good basic laboratory experience, including accurate weighing and measuring within a food / drink manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities of the NPD Technician include:
• Carry out testing of raw materials and development of NPD formulations evaluating for suitability, quality and performance to ensure that resulting end products meet Customer, Quality & Legal requirements.
• Assist in the manufacturing of products which are both safe and legal and to the expected quality standards of the customer.
• Write up / prepare experiment methods for NPD work.
• Set up NPD projects and customer samples.
• Monitor products and accurately record results and data from development work.
• Conduct flavour application work under the Product Development Manager’s supervision.
• Stock control of NPD samples ensuring correct storage, handling and disposal where necessary.
• Sample raw materials for NPD work and to prepare customer samples.
• Carry out taste assessment for NPD projects and customer samples.
• Utilise the lab NPD work schedule and diary to facilitate completion of NPD work.
• Follow GLP, including laboratory hygiene through cleaning of laboratory and equipment.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
• To carry out any other duties reasonably requested.
You will be a motivated individual with excellent attention to detail, able to manage projects with strong communication skills
You’ll have excellent numeracy skills and be computer literate. Food safety certification would be desirable.
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.