£50 - £67 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
3 months ago
Scantec are currently looking for an Engineering Manager (Mechanical Building Services) for one of our most prestigious clients.
As Engineering Manager, you will be required to manage the design phases and support construction and commissioning phases of several projects within the Explosives area that relate to Building Services and Process Equipment Installation. Ideally, you will have a design background in Mechanical, HVAC or a general background in Building Services, and progressed into Engineering Management into the specific area of Design Management.
- Managing engineering solutions which fully comply with all company and UK legal requirements together with company business case needs.
- Establishing, maintaining and communicating the engineering design programme, budget and work breakdown structure.
- Agree with the Compliance Group the extent of processes required for the specification and verification of projects.
- Identifying and agreeing with HOD’s and others as appropriate a comprehensive resource requirement for the engineering design of the project to budgetary targets.
- Establish and maintain (and deliver designs in accordance with) the Design Control Plans for projects.
- Ensuring project personnel undertaking engineering design duties meet the requirement to be Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons.
- Monitoring the co-ordination of engineering design activities of all design houses and other suppliers of engineering design contributing to the projects.
- Monitoring Project Changes as they affect Engineering Design Delivery and the effect of these changes against the initial budget and programme.
- Contribute to integrated safety when reviewing engineering designs and ensure that all technical and design risks are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements and the letter and intent of the CDM Regulations, including discharging the designer’s role.
- Qualifications required: Minimum qualification is HNC/HND through a relevant professional body in Engineering discipline, but relevant experience will be considered.
- HVAC background with experience of designing complex HVAC systems in hazardous or critical environments such as:
- Explosive atmospheres
- Close environmental control
- Chemical atmospheres
- Clean rooms and laboratories
- Business critical
- Good technical and management skills including problem solving and decision making.
- Good oral, written and presentational skills with a particular aptitude for report, documentation and letter writing.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective communication to all levels to both internal and external personnel.
- Familiarity with standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases.
- Flexible working options could be considered for this role however this is not a part time position.
- Home/remote working is an option but may change as government guidance changes.
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.