£50000 - £60000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
Principal BC Surveyor - Manc
7 months ago
The Manchester team are work on all types of developments ranging from domestic extensions to major high-rises, so your workload can be tailored entirely to suit your expertise/interests. The organisation promote development from within so even if you are not currently at Principal grade, you will receive all necessary training and guidance to progress at a pace suitable to your experience and capabilities.
This is an employer with fantastic staff retention, simply because they genuinely prioritise the well-being of their staff through carefully managing workload, solid organisation/structure, and offering both highly competitive packages and an unquestionable work-life balance. There are also no limits in terms of progression, with opportunities up to Associate Director and beyond (where applicable).
- To deliver agreed procedures to provide effective building control services on a range of projects in terms of size and complexity
- Review of plans and other associated matters for compliance with building regs and associated legislation
- Delivery of site inspections and testing of building works for compliance with building regs and associated legislation
- Liaison with applicants, agents, consultants/statutory bodies and the public
- Proven relevant industry experience within a Building Control environment, carrying out plan checking, site inspections and project management
- Full of part Membership of a relevant professional body, such as RICS, CABE or CIOB
- Extensive knowledge and application of Building Regulations, AI regs and associated legislation
- Ability to undertake basic structural appraisals of submitted designs, relevant to size of project
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of a car
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.