£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
29 days ago
A leading FMCG Manufacturer in Sheffield is seeking an Health & Safety Advisor to join their team. Due to growth, this is a new and exciting role into their HSE site structure and the focus is to support the wider group HSE strategy. Lots of opportunity to further grow and develop your career.
We will consider candidates from any industry or discipline.
Health & Safety Advisor, summary of key responsibilities:
- Keeping department managers informed on H&S matters within the location
- Ensuring that relevant HSE inspections and audits are carried out at regular intervals and ensuring that departmental managers are aware of any matters needing attention.
- Conduct frequent informal tours of the production plants and departments, i.e. to check on Pre-Start Check completion & PPE adherence
- Conduct briefs and deliver informal internal training with departments
- Support preparation for and involvement with HSE visits and audits
- Manage and updating of the electronic reporting system, including updating the plaster log
- Join and assist H&S behavioural audits with Shift/Department Managers and Team Leaders to improve their understanding and ownership of hazard perception and appropriate actions to raise and resolve
- Attend operational daily meetings as and where required – to share updates and drive SHE awareness at all levels of the organisation
- To support the formulation and issue of health and safety procedures and to monitor their implementation within the function.
- To keep up-to-date with trends in the health and safety development, particular technology or statutory requirements.
- To participate as a member in the work of the safety committees, attend committee meetings
- Daily liaison with front line Managers to ensure HSE issues are at the forefront of operational activities.
- Audit, monitor or measure corporate standards to comply with relevant legislation and codes of practice relating to the location.
We are looking for a strong team player with the ability to interface and influence people at all levels of the organisation. 2 years’ minimum relevant experience within a similar role.
NEBOSH or equivalent qualification would be preferred but not essential depending on level of experience. This company would fund / support further training and formal qualifications.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.