£35,000 + Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8954
5 months ago
Bridgwater, Taunton. Yeovil, Glastonbury, Chard, Somerset, Dorset, Devon, South West
£35,000 + Benefits
A leading FMCG food manufacturer is now seeking a Health & Safety and Training Manager to join their site in Somerset on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the site General Manager with a dotted line report Group H&S and Training Manager, you will be responsible for management of the Site Health and Safety and Training Management systems.
The successful Health & Safety and Training Manager will have ideally a NEBOSH qualification (however company will support with gaining of NEBOSH Qualification) or have experience in Health and Safety matters. You must also be a strong communicator, be self-motivated and be proficient in using Microsoft Office programs.
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Officer / Health & safety Coordinator include:
• Investigating all accidents/incidents that occur and collate all information.
• Daily maintenance of the Environmental Management System
• Collation of water and energy meters usage, report, trend and review findings.
• Ensure compliance by collecting water samples.
• Report on any near misses and accidents.
• Proactively ensure compliance and promote good practises within health, safety and environmental matters.
• Assist with all audits, internal and external.
• Review all risk assessments to ensure that all areas of the factory have been covered accurately.
• Assist with writing and implementing new processes.
• Assess all new equipment for any potential issues.
• Help and co-ordinate any emergency situations.
Applications via CV Submission Only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.