Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
7 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Process Engineer to join the Water and Utilities division of a leading Consultancy business.
The Principal Process Engineer will have a minimum of 10 years experience in the design of wastewater treatment facilities to undertake design work for framework clients, with extensive knowledge (both depth and breadth of understanding) of skill and significant practical experience. They will have a track record of leading and developing others and will have the ability to adapt to situations where there may be increased levels of complexity and / or risk.
Functional/ Technical requirements will include, but are not limited to;
- Legislation, Codes & Standards
- Identifying and understanding legislation, codes and standards
- Process Design
- Generating and apply the Process Design Basis and Scope of Work
- Generating, understanding and applying Plant Operating and Design Envelope
- Identifying and selecting appropriate process technologies
- Generating and applying design philosophy and requirements for Process Control
- Identifying Materials of Construction in accordance with company standards
- Sizing and specifying Process and Utility Equipment
- Generating and developing PFD's for Process and Utility systems.
- Understands the principals of Hazard Studies (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP) and can apply the methodology
- Detailed Engineering
- Process Input to MEICA Design
A degree qualification in a process engineering related discipline is preferred.
Chartered Engineer and member of a relevant engineering institution is advantageous.
A good knowledge and experience in the design, operation and optimization of wastewater treatment, water treatment and biosolids recycling plants, with a background in an engineering consultancy or contracting design environment is required.
Operational experience in the water sector and a sound appreciation of regulation and compliance principles in wastewater treatment is essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.