£45000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
16 days ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
Salary dep on exp
Due to a huge surge in demand and site growth, a leading Food Manufacturer is seeking a Manufacturing Manager to be responsible for ensuring the operational process on site is as efficient as possible.
Reporting into the Head of operations, your remit will be to take full responsibility for managing the production, packing lines and people in your area whilst ensuring that all products are manufactured according to specification and required quality standards. You will also play a key role in ensuring a safe working environment whilst using the correct quantity and quality of raw materials.
You will be an experienced Manager with a proven track record of implementing change with proven leadership and communication skills operating within an FMCG Food Manufacturing environment. You will need to be comfortable in leading change, a team builder who inspires people to perform at their best.
Manufacturing Manager – Brief summary of Key responsibilities:
- Manufacture all products according to plan, specification and quality to minimise waste. Ensure this is done as cost effectively as possible using a range of modern lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ensure that you have an understanding of the next day and coming weeks/months requirements in terms of production, resources, skills and materials.
- Record using the sites M3 Start/Stop process, communicate and take action as appropriate to all KPI's (including yield, wastage, customer service, plan completion, quality report, absence and all other associated KPI's)
- Ensure all team members are suitably trained, understand their objectives and the standards required and are reliable and punctual in their attendance whilst being motivated to do their job, ensure training records are kept up to date and suitable training plans in place.
- Have responsibility for performance, conduct, attendance and timekeeping. You will also lead disciplinary hearings, up to and including dismissal, with the support of HR.
- Have a process in place to ensure that all employees complete a Return to Work form after any period of absence. Keep your Manager and HR up to date with any employees absent Long of Short term.
- Play a leading role in the department daily meetings.
- Work with the New Product Development team and Technical to successfully carry out production trials and launch new products.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience and competency in a food production environment
- People management skills (counselling, disciplinary, training needs)
- A good knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
- Understanding of practical application of production, technical, HR and safety processes and procedures including working practices
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.