£40000 - £45500 per annum, Benefits: 5% Bonus, 20 days annual leave
+44 (0)151 666 8943
4 months ago
Shift times / Working hours: 4on, 4off, Days & Nights, 6am-pm / 6pm-6am
This is fantastic, exciting opportunity to be a member of the Senior Leadership Team that shapes the future of the business and delivers the strategic growth for this year and beyond.
Main Purpose of the role:
Reporting into the site Production Manager, you will lead and take responsibility for one of four shift operations team. (4x direct reports and 8 indirect).To take accountability for five key metric areas for the shift: EHS, Quality, Output & People. To promote a “Safe Production” culture throughout the shift team ensuring key performance indicators are met. Fundamentally and proactively deliver short and medium time frame objectives against each metric through engaging with the line/shift team
Production Shift Manager – Summary of responsibilities:
- Lead a culture change of ‘Safe Production’
- Carry out daily SWOP’s within the plant
- Ensure levels of RFT (Right First Time) production are met in accordance with set KPIs
- Promote high levels of Housekeeping in all departments completing weekly Housekeeping audits
- Maintain all levels of Personnel documentation relating to absence, return to works, first level disciplinaries and holidays
- Attend SIC meetings and encourage Continuous Improvement throughout all assets
- To send out communications to the appropriate distribution groups relating to Health & Safety, Quality, Environmental and Output
- To maintain a flexible workforce allowing all assets to run across all shift and arrange cover for any absences – also ensure that all shifts are adequately staffed / resourced.
- To carry out individual appraisals on staff members and assess on-going training needs for operators
- To ensure best practise and learnings are shared with the other shift managers to promote one way of working on each asset.
Ideally 3-5 years minimum experience as a Production Mangager or Shift Manager with proven people management and leadership skills, used to working within a fast paced manufacturing environment. FMCG Manufacturing is preferred although we will consider any fast paced manufacturing background.
You will need to be comfortable in leading change, a team builder who inspires people to perform at their best and recognises the value in developing the people within your team. Computer literacy with MS Excel is essential. A qualification in IOSH and experience with CI / Lean principles (Six sigma, 5S) would be highly advantageous. Further training courses and qualifications can be supported by the company.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.