£70000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: 4 day week, holiday, pension, private health, sick pay, life assurance
+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 months ago
70000-80000 – 4 day working week (Mon – Thurs), Holiday, Pension, Private Health, Sick Pay, Life Assurance plus other additional benefits
Are you interested in joining a well established not for profit organization that’s grown by over 700 staff in the past 10 years, and have scope to grow hugely in the next few. The businesses remit is to make the UK more productive and received funding from a variety of different methods including UK government.
The role is to run our clients Digital Engineering team working on large programmes, aiming to provide innovative manufacturing systems to transform the capabilities of a range of manufacturing businesses across different sectors in the UK.
Our client are famous for delivering a broad portfolio of innovative projects that span multiple sectors and make use of advances in a wide range of manufacturing, mechanical, electrical and digital technologies. Should you be keen to work with some of the biggest, most forward thinking manufacturing businesses in the UK across different sectors then this role would suit you really well.
We are looking for a Technology Manager to provide leadership to underpin our fast growth in our clients Digital Engineering department and support customer’s industrial demand to transform manufacturing processes through industrial digital technologies.
This role can be based in Coventry or Liverpool
- The purpose of the Technology Manager role is to provide leadership of the Manufacturing Informatics Department and to manage and coordinate the respective functional leads within the team to meet the strategically and commercially requirements
- You’ll be expected to provide technical leadership on projects, with particular focus on producing state-of-the-art demonstrations involving industrial digital technologies AI, data analytics, industrial interoperability, extended reality (augmented and mixed reality), systems integration;
- Have a strong reputation for understanding of the breadth of Digital Engineering technologies and their respective manufacturing industrial application;
- Securing funding for capability / new value proposition development;
- Resource management, development and deployment;
- Development of the overall strategy of the Manufacturing Informatics Department;
- You will work with the Chief Engineer Digital Engineering Group to develop an annual budget for the department;
- Coupled with managing the Manufacturing Informatics Department performance on key metrics (i.e. income against budget and forecasts; on-time delivery; number of late days) and report deviations from target to the Digital Engineering Chief Engineer;
- You’d be expected to contribute to and co-ordinate, Technology Roadmaps which define the areas the Department focuses its research and development activity on in support of the Chief Technologist and Chief Digital Officer;
- To contribute and co-ordinate the delivery and maintenance of value propositions (products) that the industrial sectors are able to sell in support of the Chief Digital
- To ensure that project based research work is undertaken to meet both the sectors’ and external customers’ quality, cost and time expectations and complies with relevant standards;
- To manage the creation and delivery of ‘Core Research Project’, ‘Internal Major Project’ and ‘Collaborative Public Funding’ proposals to gain investment in the ideation/innovation phases of the Manufacturing Informatics Department’s value propositions;
- You will need a strong reputation for understanding of the breadth of Digital Engineering
- technologies and their respective Industrial application;
- Substantial work experience on manufacturing systems in industrial manufacturing or R&D environment;
- Have and understanding / appreciation of the challenges in the adoption of
- digital technologies, e.g. AI, analytics, industrial communications, software
- development, cybersecurity and systems architectures in a manufacturing
- business and how they will drive advances in manufacturing and resultant return
- on investment;
- Experience on systems design and development in the areas relevant to
- manufacturing informatics would be desirable;
- Engineering degree, preferably systems engineering. Other degrees such as
- mechanical, electrical, software and computer science maybe suitable as well;
- Have a proven ability in developing strategy;
- Have strong influencing/negotiating skills with decision makers in client organisations;
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Demonstrable commercial and business awareness;
- Have appropriate experience of budgeting and staff management scalable to that of
- the role, including leadership of a large team of advisors;
- Be skilled in developing people and teams;
- Be a supportive and people-orientated people manager;
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.