£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 months ago
Ashton in Makerfield – Wigan
£45-50k plus bonus, (10-20%) holiday, pension, other benefits
Are you keen to be the driving force behind the CI journey for a manufacturing business with over 120 years history? Our client are a well established manufacturing business based just outside Wigan and are looking for a CI Manager to join the business. The remit of the role will be to embed Operational excellence into the business over time and identify and lead CI and efficiency projects across the site.
If you have a background within manufacturing, have tangible evidence of managing/leading CI projects on a hands on basis across production, systems, operations and processes then this role might suit you perfectly.
Our client already have a successful manufacturing process and a really good brand image in their sector, but recognize the need to progress and change the culture of the business in this area hence where you potentially come in!
- Identify and lead CI and efficiency projects on site
- Embed operational excellence culture in the business over time through all teams
- Create, measure and sustain culture changes to help the business achieve longer term business strategy
- Analyze current working practices and identify areas of improvement and educate employees on how to improve business and manufacturing processes
- Identify projects and achieve them within given time scales to drive headcount savings and cost reductions across the business
- Serve as the facilitator for CI implementation and also employee involvement
- Test, rollout and drive the uptake of new ways of working
- Utilise process mapping, value stream mapping to identify inefficiencies in productivity
- Coach mentor and train teams on championing performance excellence and build their positive behaviours to embrace these changes
- Help support the business in understanding and continuously delivering ‘best practice’
- Utilise route cause analysis to resolve problems
- Provide training and develop staff in the creation of SOP’s in line with identified best practice
- Analyse changeovers and look for potential improvements here
- Lead manage and track, multiple cross functional improvement projects to ensure successful completion
- Qualifications in engineering discipline to HND/Degree level ideally
- Recognised qualification or demonstrable experience in implementing lean/six sigma/kaizan within manufacturing sector
- Tangible evidence of implementing CI into a business from scratch or making significant improvements to a business where CI was in its infancy
- Experience of factory layout, machine operation, process flow analysis
- Excellent communication skills and delivery of training
- Excellent Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.