Competitive day rate (IR35 outside of scope)
+44 (0)151 666 8922
9 months ago
Location: Remote/ Home working with travel to sites across the North of England
My client are an expanding multi-national logistics provider specialising in Fuel storage and distribution, with over 15 sites across the UK operating 24/7.
They are currently seeking a Control & Instrumentation Engineer to join their Asset Technical Team, responsible for supporting a team of multi-disciplined Project Managers and Project Engineers in reviewing and developing C&I P&ID modifications, C&E diagrams, instruments datasheets, hook-up drawings, loop drawings, power and control cable specs, load lists, SLD's, cable schedules and supervising on site works.
The C&I Engineer will support the project teams by providing the C&I engineering discipline expertise and ensuring risks to operation of plant and equipment are recognised, assessed, and mitigated. They will provide project discipline engineering design and realization support specifically commissioning, design and documentation review for; tank overfill protection, ATG projects, pump upgrade projects, SCADA system upgrade and C&I Continuation projects.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing and developing C&I P&ID modifications, C&E diagrams, instruments datasheets, hook-up drawings, loop drawings, power and control cable specs, load lists, SLD's, cable schedules
• Producing and reviewing engineering deliverables including: Datasheets, Loop Drawings, Cable Schedules, Junction Box Schedules, Instrument Layout Drawings, Cable Routing Drawings, Intrinsic Safety Calculations and Instrument Hook-up drawings
• Reviewing installation designs and resolve issues
• Developing installation commissioning plans
• Providing DCS and SIS systems I PLC and SCADA systems support
• Attending and signing off FAT's
• Supervising on site works, field equipment installation, control systems and industrial network installation and commissioning, SAT sign off.
• Fault finding and troubleshooting of control and instrumentation equipment with comprehensive reporting
The C&I Engineer should be Degree qualified in an engineering related subject (Electrical, Automation or Instrumentation Engineering), and able to demonstrate experience within the oil and gas sector or a similarly regulated industry with experience in design of process control ESD/SIS and PLC systems.
A clean driving license and experience of Tank Terminals and Pipeline Projects, UK construction and experience on COMAH sites is essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.