Competitive salary and package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
4 months ago
My client is a global leader in public transport infrastructure and specialise in the mass transit and rail markets, managing projects for high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
They are currently looking for a Systems Safety Assurance Engineer to work within the Systems Safety & Assurance Team to ensure and promote the effective Systems Safety throughout their Engineering and Infrastructure Projects.
- Working with Projects and Client Projects to ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, the Common Safety Method 2012 and the Railway Interoperability Regulations through active monitoring and audit
- Deliver system safety related training packages both internal and external to the company
- Undertaking regular monitoring and inspection of company projects to report on levels of compliance and identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
- Providing input to Project focus groups including Technical Board, Safe By Design
- Promote effective Design Risk Management and System Safety throughout the company
- Facilitation of Hazard Identification, Hazard Review and other risk workshops
- Provide assistance to the company with regards business development and continual improvement through collaboratively working with other disciplines to enhance Projects’ service delivery and processes
- Provide Advice and Management on issues involving CDM, CSM and Interoperability as well as other regulatory requirements relating to the project portfolio of works
- Promote Safe By Design amongst the company and projects
- To secure repeat business through proactive Client management
- To win work by assisting proposals with the technical input into bids/estimates and proposal
- Provide support to the System Safety Assurance Manager
Knowledge & Skills
- Significant experience within the railway industry
- Knowledge in Risk Assessment process and techniques
- Competent practitioner in system safety
- Effective communicator
- Able to manage and plan your own workload effectively
- Able to audit and inspect internal projects and processes
- Ideally membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution eg. IOSH, ICE, APS
- Good knowledge of engineering design and construction principles and standards
- Experience of general construction activities and methods
- Good understanding of Common Safety Method and the Railway Interoperability Regulations and how it is applied in a Rail environment with respect to design and compliance.
- Experience working with Assessment Body, Notified Body and Designated Body
- Good knowledge of CDM, its application and its principles
- Good knowledge of engineering design standards for the UK Rail Network and British and European Standards
- Lead by example, living the vision, mission and values
- Commercial awareness
- Nurtures business and Client relationships
- Able to lead and support others through compliance with System Safety requirements
- Shows passion and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team working; demonstrate effective working/communicating across teams within the company to ensure delivery of projects
- Self-motivated team player; able to work with the minimum of supervision
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.