£45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Private Health, Bonus, Plus other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
5 months ago
Abingdon – Oxford
£45-55k – excellent benefits, 25days holiday, private health, life assurance, bonus (non contractual but has been up to 10%) and pension up to 10% contribution
An really exciting opportunity to join a multinational business within the petrochemical industry with 7 sites spread across 4 continents. Due to a sustained expansion of workload on their site in Abingdon they are looking for an additional HSE Advisor to join the UK HSE Team. The role will sit alongside an existing HSE Advisor who has been in the business around 2 years and will help oversee the HSE specialists in the team and will report into the Site Manager.
The main remit of the role is to focus on the personnel, process and operational safety across the UK and oversees. The role of the HSE Advisor is to provide qualified support to the Site Manager and operational teams in relation to HSE compliance and best practice in the management of chemical and hazardous substances to ensure legal compliance.
The HSE team are the focal point for risk assessment and management of change processes, providing advice on the suitability of control measures and risk mitigation. You will also be involved in regulatory compliance reviews, heath and safety management system assessments and incident management.
Should you come from a Heath and Safety environment, working within a site involving the control and management of hazardous substances then this role could be really well suited to you,
•This role has a pivotal role in the promotion and maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment on site and across the business
• Advise on the implementation of OIMS to ensure the consistency of implementation and legal compliance.
• Provide strategic and operational support to our clients UK team in the management of health and safety, especially in relation to the completion of risk assessments and the effective implementation of necessary control measures.
• Act as an OIMS System Administrator
• Perform planned regulatory reviews and inspections.
• Perform reactive incident and accident investigations to establish root cause and make recommendations for appropriate action to prevent recurrence.
• Actively work with Safety Representatives ensuring effective two-way communication and consultation, and involvement in inspection and investigations where appropriate.
• Develop health and safety information resources (e.g. procedures, training material, safety meeting topics).
• Develop and provide relevant inductions and training to new and existing members of staff
• Liaise internally and externally with appropriate services and agencies e.g. Facilities Management, Occupational Health, Fire and Rescue Service Enforcement Agencies.
What will you gain from this role?
• The HSE team has a wide range of responsibilities, supporting research, facilities management and regulatory compliance. This is a varied and hands-on operational role.
• Working with an industry leader in HSE management, this is an opportunity for you to shape the future effectiveness of the business as part of our future growth strategy.
• Safety is our clients number one priority and therefore an important part of our culture. You will be working for a company which values your contributions and recommendations.
• You will have the opportunity to work in partnership with all business areas, building a wide network.
• You will gain experience of applying scientific knowledge and experience to a wide variety of environments, including new R&D laboratories, scale up facilities and pilot plant.
• You will join a growing team who has a commitment to self-development as well as improving HSE knowledge and understanding across the site.
• You will further develop your ability to influence others, to interpret data and use feedback to inform future approaches.
NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 health and safety qualification and demonstrable HSE experience in engineering, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals or oil and gas industry.
• Chartered Member of IOSH or GradIOSH actively working towards CMIOSH
• Degree in a science or engineering related discipline or equivalent experience in this subject area or discipline
• Experience of working with Safety management systems e.g. ISO 45001
• Experience of using Safety Management software
• Practical knowledge and understanding of UK Health, safety and environmental legislation.
• Experience of risk assessment methodologies
• Experience in the development of written processes and procedures in support of an HSE system and delivering training programmes
• Strong leadership, planning skills and ability to successfully prioritise
• Sound analytical, incident investigation and problem-solving skills
• Suitable experience of operating across all levels of a large organisation
• Ability to work under pressure, be self-reliant and to work with minimal supervision but also be a team player
• Good interpersonal skills – ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of people both internally and externally
• Commitment to own training (CPD) and self-development
• An Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate and Knowledge of OSHA requirements would be desirable
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.