£24000 - £25000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
6 months ago
As soon as possible
£24 – 25,000
Based in Manchester
A global professional services company is looking for an experienced Analytical Chemist to be based at their Laboratory testing facility in Manchester which is very easily accessible by the Tram network. The successful candidate will have significant experience in GC specifically GC-FID and GC-MS. The company offers excellent progression opportunities to join an industry leading organisation with a truly global reach.
- Analyse samples using GC-MS and GC-FID in line with laboratory procedures.
- Ensure samples are analysed at correct frequency and recorded on control charts. Investigate failures and complete relevant documentation.
- Meet sample turnaround time requirements working closely with the Lab Administrator to communicate on any time delays.
- Trouble shoot instrument issues and document instrument maintenance and breakdowns.
- Train more junior staff in appropriate procedures ensuring laboratory procedures are followed at all times.
- Complete method validation/development in line with relevant projects.
- Review analytical data to ensure results are correct.
- Educated to BSc level in a Chemistry related subject with 2-3 years minimum industry experience in GC-FID and GC-MS
- Troubleshooting and instrument maintenance skills
- Method Development experience
- Experience of working to UKAS standards
- Experience of testing environmental samples will be highly desirable
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.