City Of London
£200 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
8 months ago
Our Client helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
The Regional Delivery Partnership is a framework contract with Highways England for the development, design and construction of capital road projects that form part of the Regional Investment Programme during Road Period 1 (2015 to 2020) and Road Period 2 (2020 to 2025). The Costain Jacobs Partnership were awarded two lots; Lot 7 (East Region) & Lot 8 (North Region).
An opportunity has arisen for a BIM/CAD Technician to support in the delivery of the A12 Chelmsford to A120 widening project, with a scheme value of approximately £1bn. Construction works are scheduled to proceed in 2023.
They are currently delivering early site survey works and advanced preliminary design. From Autumn 2020 they shall commence preliminary design. The preliminary design phase will be based in Project offices in Central London and Croydon. Occasional travel to client offices in Bedford may also be required.
Scope of works
· Working as part of the buildability team to ensure Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) is used to develop safe, efficient and optimized construction methodologies
· Modelling traffic management, temporary works and working space requirements in 3D and 4D to enable the project team and external stakeholders to visualize our proposals
· Working with the supply chain to integrate their proposals into project buildability models
· Prepare preliminary and detailed design in 2D/3D for civil and structural, temporary and permanent works as requested by project personnel
· Use a range of software including AutoCAD and Bentley
· Work within a Common Data Environment (typically ProjectWise & iCosNet)
· Ensure that draughting activities are executed within budget and schedule, while maintaining technical integrity
·Ensure that work is carried out with relevant codes, standards and procedures Maintain and develop awareness of current relevant codes and standards
·Implement company, and where applicable client/ project policies and procedures
·Effectively communicate with other disciplines to ensure that interfaces are clearly defined and correctly designed
·Liaise with designers, supply chain, project personnel, clients etc…
Skills and experience
·Minimum 5 years’ experience delivering infrastructure projects (ideally with Highways knowledge)
· Detailed knowledge of relevant CAD/Modelling software
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Good team player, flexible in your approach
· The ability to manage and control tasks
· An awareness of the commercial and financial aspects of the design
· Work to a programme and meet tight deadlines
· Able to hold discussions, meeting and workshop with designers, project personnel, and key supply chain
·Appropriate level of CSCS card
·Good understanding of the H&S in design & construction
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.